Langsung ke konten utama

Easy Quinoa Salad In a Hurry





Leftovers can be recreated into something special! I was in a hurry and used three leftovers to create a quick and tasty quinoa salad. I found out that tossed salad, leftover cooked quinoa , and homemade lemon dressing taste great together. Sometimes you discover something by accident that turns out to really work well ! 


 That's what happened to me today. I had leftover salad from last night's dinner, leftover bold lemon salad dressing, and leftover red quinoa. I was looking for a quick, yet healthy lunch and decided to combine all three of them together in one bowl. I mixed, ate, and really enjoyed! 


My creation tasted great, involved no prep, and was satisfying!  

What more could I ask for?




Although this salad is a simple idea, it's gluten free, vegan, and nutritious! There's not much more to say! All you need is 1/4 cup of leftover red quinoa per serving, a cup or two of any salad per serving, and a tablespoon of any homemade salad dressing! ( scroll down for 8 homemade salad dressing recipes) 


If you don't have leftovers, here are some tips for making quinoa, making a quick homemade dressings, and some of my tried and truly loved salad dressing recipes. Bon appetit ! 


Tips on making quinoa 



  • I like to use red quinoa or a tri color quinoa that I get from Trader Joe. For me, the tiny darker seeds seem to cook up firmer and less sticky than cooking the white quinoa which for some reason becomes thick and pasty for me.
  •  I always soak and rinse my quinoa well because the seeds are naturally coated with saponin which wont hurt but can make your final product taste bitter. 
  • Just follow the cooking directions on the package. It's basic like rice
  • If you are not familiar with quinoa and want to know more, click over to read all about quinoa ( pronounced keen-wah). 
I like this blend of quinoa; it has a hearty taste and
 it's reasonably priced and organic





    RECIPE FOR: 


    Our salad dressing recipes are made from all fresh ingredients and add a delicious zing to any salad.
    I'm linking this post to Kahakai Kitchen's Souper Sunday   and my regular blog carnival list ! 

    SouperSundays

    Komentar

    Postingan populer dari blog ini

    Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

    Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

    How to remove Gallstones Without Surgery ?

    This is a 6 Days Method, formulated by Dr Lai Chiu-Nan of China, which has proven effectiveness for many patients. Gallstones may not be everyone’s concern but may lead to cancer. We all have them (big or small, many or few). “Cancer is never the 1st illness. There are a lot of other problems leading to cancer. I came across some materials stating that people with cancer usually had stones”, said Dr Lee of China. One symptom of gallstones is a feeling of bloatedness after a heavy meal as if you can’t digest the food. If it gets more serious, you feel pain in the liver area”. Dr Lee offers the apple juice treatment which is good for those with a weak liver. Liver and gallbladder are closely linked. 1) Drink 1 glass (250ml) 100% apple juice 4 times a day for 5 days. 1 glass at breakfast, 1 glass at lunch, 1 glass at dinner & 1 glass before going to bed. It softens the gallstones. Eat normally. 2) On the 6th day, skip dinner. At 6pm, take a teaspoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) ...

    Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

    This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...