Langsung ke konten utama

Turn Your Pumpkin Into a Serving Piece + recipes


Turn your "mini pumpkin" into a serving piece in 3 easy steps!
Just slice off the top, scoop, and fill!

I simply took one of my mini pumpkins - the ones that sell for about a $1.00 in most supermarkets or road side stands-, sliced off the top ( this is the tricky part- see instructions below),  scooped out the seeds and filled the pumpkin with dip- turning my pumpkin into a pretty fall "serving piece".





I decorate my kitchen with all kinds of colorful pumpkins and fall squashes this time of the year. I usually have at least 4 or 5 of the mini pumpkins as accents on my shelves. This is the first time I ever thought of actually scooping one out and trying to use it !

I love this idea for a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner, Succot, or any fall party. If you entertain a small crowd, you could make one for each person at his/her seat, or for a larger crowd make a few and use them for appetizers accompanied by crudite, GF chips, apple slices, etc. 

My mini pumpkin photo is filled with a simple guacamole 
( mashed  avocado,  diced celery, lemon juice and Himalayan pink salt). Another guacamole recipe is listed below. 

No matter which filling you serve, the presentation will be festive and colorful!

Try One Of These Dips or Fillings

Some of my easy and delicious GF pumpkin recipes: 
pumpkin pie 
pumpkin pudding bars 
pumpkin rice pudding ( vegan) 

Author: Judee Algazi from Gluten Free A-Z Blog
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes for slicing and scooping the pumpkin

Materials Needed:

A large chefs knife
1 mini pumpkin


How I sliced my mini pumpkin

Instructions: 
As easy as it sounds, it could be a little tricky to slice the pumpkin since the pumpkin is extremely hard. I used a large chopping type knife. I read about this on Pinterest, but it didn't give any instructions, so I had to guess. This is how I sliced it.


I couldn't cut it in one blow so I scored the pumpkin in a circle all around and then cut into it at one of the scored openings. When the knife was in the pumpkin, I then proceeded to use the knife to bang the pumpkin on my counter ( gently) until the pressure started to split the pumpkin. I then cut through and ended up with a clean cut. Good Luck!










DIY Craft: How I made my white Decorated Faux Pumpkins in the photo on the top of the page

                          I love to link my recipes to blog carnivals:
               
                             I Will Be Linking this recipe to my Daily
                        Blog Carnival List 

Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...

Middle Eastern Eggplant Ratatouie

Rich and flavorful, this chunky low calorie Middle Eastern eggplant ratatouille makes a delicious side for a family dinner or an inviting appetizer for your next get together.. I love recipes from Middle Eastern countries like like Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Morocco,and Israel which are famous for their tasty eggplant dishes. This family recipe is a middle Eastern classic that is like a stew- tender, satisfying and easy to make. The secret to the recipe is roasting , not frying, the eggplant and veggies. Roasting brings out the vegetable's natural sweetness, saves calories, and is easier on the digestion than frying. This eggplant recipe is my version of one of my mother in laws authentic recipes that she brought with her from the old country. It is so versatile that we enjoy in a variety of ways: Over Baptismal rice or cauliflower rice,  Paired as a side dish with a bean dish,  As a topping for an omelette ( really good)  Or a cold or hot appetizer with crudites or gluten fre...