Langsung ke konten utama

Chia Berry Mug Muffin



This incredible vegan and gluten mug muffin is made with chia seeds and is a variation of my 3 minute blueberry mug muffin that I originally made with a regular egg. My friend Vicki doesn't eat eggs, so I tried to make a fast 3 minute mug muffin that she ( and all my vegan readers)  could enjoy.

You know what? I like the vegan version just as much better. Chia seeds really do work as a replacement for eggs in this recipe, and I was really pleased with the results. Mug muffins taste much much better than they look.. don't let the looks fool you..

I make this muffin every day for breakfast. It's oozing warm strawberries and blueberries. I can't wait to eat it each day. The Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients. They are a really good vegan source of Omega 3, calcium, protein and B vitamins. For additional nutritional information about chia seeds see : Chia seeds 

It is very quick and easy to make, tastes fabulous, and is only 3 Points Plus on Weight Watchers ( Yay!!) I don't like to use the microwave, but only 3 minutes??? I will experiment with baking it in the oven and let you know...

I usually make a green juice ( romaine lettuce, cucumber, celery, kale or collard , carrots)  when I first wake and then look forward to my tasty filling muffin about 1/2 hour later.  The muffin is quite filling because it is made with coconut flour which is very high in fiber. Trust me, this muffin will hold you.

Author: Judee Algazi at Gluten Free A-Z Blog
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3.5 minutes
Serving size: 1 large individual muffin
Material Needed: a low round mug
Weight Watchers: 3 Points Plus

Ingredients: 
1 Tablespoon of chia seeds ( black or white)
3 Tablespoons of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 med sized banana, mashed well with fork
1 heaping Tablespoon of coconut flour
2 strawberries chopped in pieces
8 blueberries

Directions
Mix chia seeds and almond milk in the mug. Allow to sit for a few minutes or don't if you are in a hurry. Add mashed banana and mix and then add the coconut flour and mix well with a spoon. Add the berries and microwave for 3.5 minutes ( depending on your microwave- if yours is very powerful try 3 minutes) . Turn the mug over and it should slide right out. It will be very hot, so allow to cool a little before eating.

Mixture of chia, almond milk , and mashed banana
Mixture with coconut flour and added fruit
This is the bottom of the muffin; the fruit seems to go to the top
Tastes so much better than it looks!
Top  of mug muffin oozing blueberries and strawberries

This post will  be shared on  

My blog carnival list 



photo of womanFood is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.



Author: Judee Algazi


Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

How to remove Gallstones Without Surgery ?

This is a 6 Days Method, formulated by Dr Lai Chiu-Nan of China, which has proven effectiveness for many patients. Gallstones may not be everyone’s concern but may lead to cancer. We all have them (big or small, many or few). “Cancer is never the 1st illness. There are a lot of other problems leading to cancer. I came across some materials stating that people with cancer usually had stones”, said Dr Lee of China. One symptom of gallstones is a feeling of bloatedness after a heavy meal as if you can’t digest the food. If it gets more serious, you feel pain in the liver area”. Dr Lee offers the apple juice treatment which is good for those with a weak liver. Liver and gallbladder are closely linked. 1) Drink 1 glass (250ml) 100% apple juice 4 times a day for 5 days. 1 glass at breakfast, 1 glass at lunch, 1 glass at dinner & 1 glass before going to bed. It softens the gallstones. Eat normally. 2) On the 6th day, skip dinner. At 6pm, take a teaspoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) ...

Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...