Langsung ke konten utama

Mexican Vegetarian Recipes ( GF)

Festive Mexican tablescape

Happy Cinco De Mayo!
It's Cinco de Mayo this week , and I'm joining in the fun by sharing some Mexican Recipes in honor of the celebration! Whether you going to a party and want to bring a dish or you just want to eat some delicious Mexican inspired food for dinner tonight, these recipes will delight you!

The picture of the festive colorful table was taken in a restaurant in Cancun where we enjoyed an authentic Mexican ( vegetarian) meal.

We've been to Mexico ( Riviera Maya) many, many times and always enjoy the local avocado, mango and other tropical fruit, salads,  beans, and mojitos! The vegetarian food is simple, but delicious!

 I'm sharing some of my recipes that I have made over the years after coming back from my trips to Mexico! My real food recipes all are healthy, gluten free , vegan/vegetarian and easy to make.

waiter making guacamole
Our Waiter making some delicious homemade guacamole at our table!

taco party dip
Layered Taco Appetizer - great party dip


vegan taco bar
Taco Bar for Dinner - fun celebration just fill up those tacos 

mango, parsley, red pepper, cucumber, red onion all cut in bowls
Homemade Mango Salsa- Easy and low calorie ( vegan)


black bean casserole with cheese
Mexican Corn and Bean Bake- One of my favorites- An easy casserole everyone will love

large bowl of guacamole
Add caption

guacamole and chopped tomatoes
Classic Mexican Guacamole- So Easy and So Tasty- Get out those chips ( vegan)

mojito on a table
Frozen Mojito- Virgin or with alcohol it's a really refreshing party drink! ( vegan) 

platter of vegan appetizers
Avocado Caprese salad- Easy and makes a beautiful presentation ( vegan)

artichoke appetizer
Artichoke Salad - A fabulous salad/appetizer with marinated artichokes and tomato


salad of beans and corn
Black Bean, Avocado, and Corn Salad



mexican pottery

I now feel officially part of the Cinco de Mayo Celebration!
I'll be serving my Mexican Bean Bake, guacamole, and artichoke salad for dinner for Cinco de Mayo!

This post will  be shared on some of 
My blog carnival list

including: 








  • If you are new to my blog and would like me to email you my recipes when I post them,  scroll to the top of my blog and look for my subscribe box in the right top column of the blog. Type in your email, click and check your emails for a confirmation and you need to confirm .


    Good food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian/vegan and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.
  • Don't miss a recipe - type your email in the subscription box on the upper right of the blog. I publish about one or two recipes a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time)


  • Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

    Komentar

    Postingan populer dari blog ini

    Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

    Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

    Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

    This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...

    Middle Eastern Eggplant Ratatouie

    Rich and flavorful, this chunky low calorie Middle Eastern eggplant ratatouille makes a delicious side for a family dinner or an inviting appetizer for your next get together.. I love recipes from Middle Eastern countries like like Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Morocco,and Israel which are famous for their tasty eggplant dishes. This family recipe is a middle Eastern classic that is like a stew- tender, satisfying and easy to make. The secret to the recipe is roasting , not frying, the eggplant and veggies. Roasting brings out the vegetable's natural sweetness, saves calories, and is easier on the digestion than frying. This eggplant recipe is my version of one of my mother in laws authentic recipes that she brought with her from the old country. It is so versatile that we enjoy in a variety of ways: Over Baptismal rice or cauliflower rice,  Paired as a side dish with a bean dish,  As a topping for an omelette ( really good)  Or a cold or hot appetizer with crudites or gluten fre...