Langsung ke konten utama

Pumpkin Rice Pudding - gluten free and vegan

Vegan Rice pudding in a glass mug


Looking for an easy, yet elegant dessert?

This creamy pumpkin rice pudding is simple to make and still tastes sensational!  What a treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas. If you like the taste of pumpkin and you like rice pudding, you'll love this perfect combination. The ingredients are healthy, and the recipe is as easy as just making rice.  In addition, it is allergy friendly as it has no eggs and can be made with coconut milk. I love that the recipe meets gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan standards.

I was intrigued with the idea of adding pumpkin puree to this already creamy dessert, and I wasn't disappointed.

I would have loved to have topped it with whipped cream or coconut cream, but whipped cream is my greatest weakness and just having some in the house , well I would have eaten it all. So if Mama isn't eating it with whipped cream, no one in my house is eating it with whipped cream!

I hope you enjoy it.. let me know

Author: Judee Algazi
Cook Time for Rice: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time for rice pudding: 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees


Rice Ingredients: 
1 cup of Arborio rice ( this is the kind of rice used for risotto and is available in all supermarkets)
2 cups water

Remainder of Ingredients: 
3 cups coconut milk ( or almond milk or any full bodied milk of your choice)
Optional: 1/2 cup heavy or lite cream)
1 cup of pumpkin puree ( my recipe for easy homemade pumpkin puree)
2  teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
3/4 cup of healthy sweetener of your choice- (I used coconut crystals ) or try honey

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook the Arborio rice according to directions on package.
While the rice is cooking, assemble the remainder of ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Put warm rice in a baking dish. While the rice still warm, pour remainder of ingredients over the rice and bake in for 45-50 minutes .


vegan baked pumpkin rice pudding
Everything assembled and placed in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees
My notes: This is a recipe for those who are accustomed to eating food that is less sweet. If you are a sugar person who wants a really sweet rice pudding, well then adding real sugar will make it so. Personally, I look for less addicting lower carb alternatives like coconut crystals, or a sweetener with some nutritional value like honey or real maple syrup ( and then in small amounts). You decide- you know your taste buds and eating habits.

Other pumpkin desserts I have made:

Recipe adapted from a recipe on the Food network that was created by Ellie Krieger
 http://www.foodnetwork.com/

            This Recipe along with some amazing others was featured on : Friday Feature Linky Party





Read it now; pin it for later   
This post will  be shared on  

My blog carnival list Plus 


including  . Gluten Free Homemaker 
Wan't to be added to My blog list? Let me know



If you are new to my blog and would like me to email you my recipes when I post them, please enter your email on my subscribe box in the right top column of the blog.  Don't miss a recipe - about one or two a week.  ( you can unsubscribe at any time)

Food is my passion. I am gluten intolerant, busy. and strive for a healthy balanced lifestyle. It has taken me many years to develop and discover easy healthy recipes that meet gluten free, vegetarian and real food standards. On my blog I share my journey, my struggles, my discoveries, and my new recipes. I hope you find ideas, resources, and recipes that will be helpful to you. Come Back soon.



Author: Judee Algazi

 Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. I love comments and love to be introduced to your blog. I usually visit and follow your blog on G+ , Bloglovin, and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by. To Comment: Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Amazon and receive a very small compensation when you buy anything from Amazon by clicking on to Amazon from my blog - This helps me defray the cost 


Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

How to remove Gallstones Without Surgery ?

This is a 6 Days Method, formulated by Dr Lai Chiu-Nan of China, which has proven effectiveness for many patients. Gallstones may not be everyone’s concern but may lead to cancer. We all have them (big or small, many or few). “Cancer is never the 1st illness. There are a lot of other problems leading to cancer. I came across some materials stating that people with cancer usually had stones”, said Dr Lee of China. One symptom of gallstones is a feeling of bloatedness after a heavy meal as if you can’t digest the food. If it gets more serious, you feel pain in the liver area”. Dr Lee offers the apple juice treatment which is good for those with a weak liver. Liver and gallbladder are closely linked. 1) Drink 1 glass (250ml) 100% apple juice 4 times a day for 5 days. 1 glass at breakfast, 1 glass at lunch, 1 glass at dinner & 1 glass before going to bed. It softens the gallstones. Eat normally. 2) On the 6th day, skip dinner. At 6pm, take a teaspoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) ...

Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...