Langsung ke konten utama

Clean Eating and Trader Joe's Grocery Stores




If you have a Trader Joe's near you, or will be traveling to an area of the country where TJ's are common, I heartily suggest that you make a visit to stock up on CE essentials. Trader Joe's operates stores in many locations in the US and are growing at a significant rate opening stores across the country. There are many reasons to shop at Trader Joe's, even if you aren't a Clean Eater - but here are some of the top reasons in my book:

1. They sell their bananas for .29 / lb. Beautiful, delicious, perfect bananas, more than 1/2 off the price of "normal" stores.
2. Broad selection of organic foods. They have an excellent selection of minimally processed / minimal ingredient frozen and jarred foods. Most are low sodium, organic, and remarkably Clean.
3. Snack Foods: TJ's has a wonderful selection of nuts, trail mixes, raisins, and crackers. You will enjoy trying the various organic snack crackers
4. Stevia: In my humble opinion, TJ's brand of stevia is the tastiest on the market. Some stevia can taste bitter, or with an unappealing licorice taste ( which personally, I don't want in my coffee! ). TJ's stevia is mildly sweet, and not bitter. When I go to TJ's, I always buy a box of stevia - even if I don't need it. I don't want to run out!

5. Trader Joe's Non-fat Greek yogurt: Perhaps the best on the market today. Hands down, no doubt about it. Try it and see. You'll be thanking me later.
6. Organic dairy products: Except for Whole Foods, nobody has a larger selection of organic dairy products than Trader Joe's. You will enjoy having freedom of choice between different cheeses and dairy products, rather than having to "settle" for the single organic brand your local grocery store carries.



However...be advised: if, like me, you generally don't eat foods packaged and manufactured outside of the US, examine the packages of what you are buying - particularly the frozen and canned foods. I picked up a package of Thai pot stickers the other day with a mind to cook them for my family - only to discover they weren't just flavored with Thai spices - they were manufactured in Thailand. I'm not xenophobic - but I'm not consuming foods where I really am not comfortable with their manufacturing standards.

Do you frequent a Trader's Joe's? What is your favorite Clean product they sell?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...

Middle Eastern Eggplant Ratatouie

Rich and flavorful, this chunky low calorie Middle Eastern eggplant ratatouille makes a delicious side for a family dinner or an inviting appetizer for your next get together.. I love recipes from Middle Eastern countries like like Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Morocco,and Israel which are famous for their tasty eggplant dishes. This family recipe is a middle Eastern classic that is like a stew- tender, satisfying and easy to make. The secret to the recipe is roasting , not frying, the eggplant and veggies. Roasting brings out the vegetable's natural sweetness, saves calories, and is easier on the digestion than frying. This eggplant recipe is my version of one of my mother in laws authentic recipes that she brought with her from the old country. It is so versatile that we enjoy in a variety of ways: Over Baptismal rice or cauliflower rice,  Paired as a side dish with a bean dish,  As a topping for an omelette ( really good)  Or a cold or hot appetizer with crudites or gluten fre...