Langsung ke konten utama

6 months In - What Have I Learned?


 Looking back at my food journal(s), I realized that a few days ago was my "6 month anniversary" of Clean Eating. It took me a moment to digest this fact: For six months, I've eaten nothing ( well, almost nothing ) unclean. I removed processed foods from my vocabulary. I changed my habits, my thought patterns, my attitude towards food.

What have I learned?

1. I've learned that I need a lot less food to satisfy my hunger than I used to think I needed. Eating unprocessed,
natural food has shown me the inherent nutrition in food, and I am satisfied with a lot less. 6 months ago, lunch would have been a large hamburger or club sandwich, potato chips or fries, and a Diet Coke. Today, I had a small portion of tuna, some green beans, a pear, and water. This fundamental change was one of the first that occurred once I embraced CE.

2. I've learned that my body runs a lot better on premium fuel than low grade, cut rate cr*p. Not only have I lost weight ( Since August, I'm just shy of the 40 lb mark lost ), but my skin is clearer, and I don't have a heavy, bloated feeling at the end of the day.

3. I've learned that yes - a woman can stop drinking Diet Coke and live to tell the tale. I was slavish in my devotion to the stuff...and now, the idea of it repulses me. I crave water. Lots of water...which brings me to...

4. I've learned my body needs a lot more water than I was ever giving it. 6 months ago, if I drank 20 ounces of water a day - that was a lot. Now, I see and feel and understand the difference water has made to my overall health. I have kidney issues, and what I was doing was in no way a kindness to my kidney. I hope that since upping my water consumption, my kidney health has improved.

5. Finally - I have not just learned, but come to understand that Clean Eating isn't the magic bullet I was looking for all my life. It is the way normal, healthy, slender / athletic people eat. Since starting Clean Eating, I have become keenly aware of what other people are eating - not to judge, or to think "Gosh, if I only had that big hunk of bacon!"...but just observing people and their food. Across the board, the people I see and meet who don't have an issue with weight are eating mostly unprocessed foods. They are leaning towards healthier choices on menus, and brown bagging wholesome, whole foods.

I am eager to see my post in August, 2011 - the one year mark. I wonder what else I will have discovered about myself?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Magnificent Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Health and Beauty

Benefits of apple cider vinegar due to its mineral nutrition, such as, calcium, magnesium, potassium and etc. Apple cider vinegar benefits for health, such as, regulate the stability of blood sugar, preventing digestive disorders, arthritis alternative medicine, weight loss and much more. Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and through a rigorous process before

How to remove Gallstones Without Surgery ?

This is a 6 Days Method, formulated by Dr Lai Chiu-Nan of China, which has proven effectiveness for many patients. Gallstones may not be everyone’s concern but may lead to cancer. We all have them (big or small, many or few). “Cancer is never the 1st illness. There are a lot of other problems leading to cancer. I came across some materials stating that people with cancer usually had stones”, said Dr Lee of China. One symptom of gallstones is a feeling of bloatedness after a heavy meal as if you can’t digest the food. If it gets more serious, you feel pain in the liver area”. Dr Lee offers the apple juice treatment which is good for those with a weak liver. Liver and gallbladder are closely linked. 1) Drink 1 glass (250ml) 100% apple juice 4 times a day for 5 days. 1 glass at breakfast, 1 glass at lunch, 1 glass at dinner & 1 glass before going to bed. It softens the gallstones. Eat normally. 2) On the 6th day, skip dinner. At 6pm, take a teaspoon of Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) ...

Plantain Pizza Crust ( GF)

This recipe makes a fast and easy homemade pizza crust that you can make from start to finish in 25 minutes. The secret is a little known savory" fruit" called a plantain. Plantains are in the banana family, but when they are green, they are much starchier and not at all sweet. They are rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories ( 90 calories /cup) and low in fat. In their starchy state ( when they are green),plantains are perfect for making gluten free crusts, crackers, flatbreads, etc. Plantains that are still green enough to make pizza crust A few months ago, my friend Laura introduced me to a delicious gluten free flatbread that she had made using plantains. Up until that point, I really didn't know what to do with a plantain. I barely even knew what they were. Today, I made my first gluten free pizza crust using a single green plantain that cost me 50 cents. The pizza crust was so easy to make, it bordered on ridiculous. I just peeled and cut one plantain into...